Friday, October 9, 2009

Jardin du Luxembourg

My most respected critic mentioned to me that my last post might be misunderstood. So it is with that in mind that I say, “I really like the French”. What I find somewhat amusing is the fact that the French can’t seem to get a break with English speakers. If they speak French, they must not want to learn English, and if they speak English, they don’t want to help those of us who are learning French.  I don't buy any of that.  I have no complaints.


If I'm having any trouble at all, it's the fact that I always seem to get turned around and continue to head in the wrong direction. Today, however, it was fortuitous. I was aiming for the Seine and ended up at Jardin du Luxembourg. Despite the hordes of tourists and locals alike, it’s such a tranquil spot. I remembered a little restaurant at one end of the Garden and decided to stop for a bite. Back home in Austin I’ve got some great black and white photos of my children taken at that very restaurant ten or eleven years ago.  I ordered an omelet.   French chefs have a talent for that dish that elevates it to a new level. I know that there’s an art to it, so I’ll practice. Lunch was delicious and thoroughly relaxing.

                                                         

On my way back to the apartment I spotted this little restaurant.  I had to laugh.  Apparently, Tex-Mex is taking over.  I don't know about their food, and I have no plans to find out.
 
This post is short, because I have to get ready for dinner with my friends.  I'll fill you in tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment



Pittsburgh