Friday, October 2, 2009

Au revoir Austin!




Well, it's just au revoir for now. Austin has been my home for over 24 years, and it has a serious place in my heart. I'll be back just in time for one of my favorite holidays. Boo! As is often the case, my flight is delayed, and I'll have to run to my gate in Dallas. Of course, I'm more worried about my luggage than anything else. A girl needs her "stuff". I'm getting that "I'm going to be too far from my family" feeling. I'm hoping to replace it with the "I can't believe that I'm getting to do this" feeling. I'm on the fence. I'll get there.






I wanted to leave you with some great Tex-Mex recipe, but like I've said before, I'm new at this blogging stuff and can't seem to get those enchiladas on the page. Recipes will be forthcoming.






So clad in my favorite pair of cowboy boots, it's off to Paris. I plan to get this adventure rolling as soon as I hit the ground. Tomorrow night there is an amazing festival in Paris called "Nuit Blanche" (White Night). Museums stay open for free all night long. It's one giant party. If you can stay awake 'til dawn, breakfast is served at many of the local government buildings. At least this is what my research tells me. I'm going to check it out and give you the real scoop later.




One final thing. Thanks to CMG for making this happen.








No comments:

Post a Comment



Pittsburgh