Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hey Ya'll! Made it to Paris!

So, I made it to Paris!  It's as beautiful as I remember, although the weather stinks.  Rain, overcast, rain, overcast.  No problem.  The folks at the Hotel Lutecia are as nice as can be.  It makes me wonder.  Could they be Texans?  No way.  Parisians can be SO COOL too!  



Anyway, had dinner at this great little restaurant in St. Germain des Pres, Les Jardins de Saint-Germain.  Couldn't decide what to order, but the server, Isabelle, gave me more than a hint what to try.  I had the prawns and rice.  Wow!!!  Just what the doctor ordered.  After really gross airplane food, and a complete jet lag hangover, that was the dish that I needed.  I fully intended to take a photo of my food for this blog, but . . . when I saw it, I dug in so fast that I forgot all about the pic.  Anyway, here's a photo of Isabelle.  She was not only polite and beautiful, she was well-versed in the entire restaurant menu.  Right up there with the best service that I can remember.



Really wanted to watch the Women's World Cup Soccer match, so I headed to a local "North American" bar advertising the game.  Seemed like a good idea at the time.  A couple of not-so-nice girls started shoving me at the bar, and it wasn't pleasant.  I held my own, but decided to leave. Who needs it?  I've never had that happen, and just haven't EVER seen that in Texas.  Wow!  Bad manners all the way.  A VERY BRIGHT spot in the evening was the chance to see several of my son Graydon's friends.  Charles was in the bar with his friend Tim. Ben and Shelby Barnes were making their way up the street as I headed back to the hotel.  They are absolutely darling, and it made up for the crazies to see all of them.


Tomorrow I start back to French language school at Alliance Francaise.  I'm nervous.  I don't really remember what I should.  I'll give it my best shot.  Details to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm following your blog and ready to experience Paris through your writings. Have a wonderful time!! :-)

    ReplyDelete



Pittsburgh