Sunday, September 27, 2009

Okay, I didn't mean to publish that last post so soon, but I'm new to all of this, and I pushed the wrong button. That kind of thing happens with me all the time.

Austin, Texas has been my home for the last 24 years, and in many ways I am a Texan. I love barbeque, horses, boots, rodeo, country music, and on and on. I raised my children here. Graydon arrived in Austin at four months of age, and Raquel was born here. It is a big deal here in the Lone Star State to be a native Texan. Nonetheless, Austin has welcomed me and my family with open arms. I love Paris, but I love my family and friends and will miss them for that whole month.

I am so very excited for the opportunity that I've been given, and I'm nervous about what lies ahead in that kitchen at Escoffier. I won't be surprised if I'm the only woman in the program. Afterall, the chef biz is really guy heavy. I leave this Friday. I'm already packed in three big suitcases with handbags, shoes, and most important of all, my knives. Can't wait! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Pittsburgh